cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices of SAP Automation

EdPyun
Staff
Staff
As I talk to our customers and partners, I frequently get asked questions about best practices of automating SAP (SAPGUI).  I have experience doing various types of SAP automation for over 25 years (including SAP ABAP BDC programming, LSMW, VB scripting, various performance and testing tools, and Blue Prism automation).  Blue Prism is one of the easiest automation methods for SAP because it has a proprietary interface that is designed to work with the SAPGUI user interface which requires no coding.  On top of the ease of use, best practices can definitely help customers build automation that is resilient, reliable, and easy to maintain.  I want to point you to 2 items that can help provide guidance in best practices for SAP automation.

1. Sample Pack of Blue Prism Accelerators for the use with SAP® ERP  - The sample pack includes pre-built VBOs that support 3 SAP t-codes and some general actions like login and navigation actions.  These VBOs were developed following Blue Prism best practices by experienced Blue Prism developers.  I have received positive feedback from our customers that acquired the pre-built SAP VBOs about their high quality levels and they were planning to adopt the best practices framework that they learned from these VBOs.  The free sample pack of VBOs supporting 3 SAP t-codes and general actions is available on the Digital Exchange (Link).  
  2. User Guide of Blue Prism Accelerators for the use with SAP® ERP  - There is a User Guide that can be downloaded from the DX (see Sample Pack link).  The User Guide provides documentation on the anatomy of the SAP t-code VBOs including best practices.  There are also some tips about automating SAP in general that is documented.

I encourage you to download and review the VBOs and User Guide to see some examples of SAP best practices.  

------------------------------
Ed Pyun
Director - TAP
Blue Prism
------------------------------
0 REPLIES 0