Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism API PostMan Configuration asset on Digital Exchange

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hello,

I have created a set of PostMan configuration files for Blue Prism API available from v7 and made it on Blue Prism Digital Exchange, available for all to use for free. Link below:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/blue-prism-api-postman-configuration

It enables a user to quickly start consuming Blue Prism APIs through some simple setup steps. I will be updating it for any subsequent release of Blue Prism API versions from v7. 

Hope you find this useful.

------------------------------
Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney
10 REPLIES 10

EmersonF
MVP
Thank you so much Bruce, for sure it will make my life and many

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for update.

Do we need to enable any settings in blue prism api json file to use Post man?

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

Hi Ram,

No, I have not done anything specific. The Json file change applies to the use of Swagger only. Calling it from an external application requires no additional configurations.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,

I am facing the below error while generating "Get New Access Token" in Post man.

27223.png

27224.png
Can you help me to resolve this issue.

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

Hi Ram,

This goes into the territories of PostMan and how one may work with it. But try the below suggestions and see how you go.

It is a common problem I must say. I believe it is likely related to the trust between PostMan and the machine BP API and BP Authentication Server are being hosted. You can try to resolve this by installing the right certificate on PostMan to establish that trust, alternatively you may work around it by go to PostMan settings and ensure SSL Certificate Verification option is disabled. (see below)

27225.png
If the above does not work for you, I would encourage you to Google this error message "unable to verify the first certificate" on PostMan to see if there is anything you can do with PostMan to work around it.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

After changing the "SSL certification verification" settings in postman, its worked fine for me.

One small request, Can you add this steps in Blue Prims Post Man API configuration document, it may helpul for others.

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

Krishna_Chaita1
Level 3
Hi Bruce,

I am getting "(407) Proxy Authentication Required" error when I try to get Token id by using OAuth2.0 Client Credentials.
I have provided Auth URL , Grant Type, Client Id and Client Secret.

In Postman, issue is inconsistent, sometimes I am able to generate token id successfully and sometimes I am getting 407 issue.
And in Blue Prism every time Bot is ending with 407 issue.

Kindly suggest me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Krishna.

Krishna Chaitanya Araveti
Software engineer
Accenture
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Krishna,

I am not able to advise much on your case. As the message suggested, there is likely an issue with proxy between your client and the remote server you have to go through. Either you need to find ways to configure this proxy in your client, or seeking IT assistance if you believe there should not be any proxy exists. 

It may also help just do some simple Google on the exact error message to get some context. All HTTP status codes are standard. You should be able to find a vast amount of information to help with your troubleshooting.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

SeemaA
Level 3
Hi Bruce Liu,

Good Day!!
We are trying to test - Get Resources API in Postman. We are unable to get the resource names using this API.
Please find the relevant screenshots attached. However we are able to get workqueue names using Postman.

27231.png

27232.png

Regards,
Seema A

Seema A
RPA Developer
Ernst and Young
Asia/Kolkata