cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Browser Mode suddenly not recognising anything in Chrome

Jean_LucFarrugi
Level 4
Dear All,

I am using Blue Prism v6.8.1, google chrome version 90.0.4430.212 (64 bit), blue prism extension 2.1.0, whereby an issue is occuring with spying elements on websites. Blue Prism fails to recognise any elements in browser mode, even those elements that have been previosuly recognised and their attributes saved! This is usually resolved after rebooting the virtual machine, but the chrome extension has logged the following error:

including the following stack trace:

!function(){"use strict";var i,n="ws://127.0.0.1:",r={},s=void 0;function e(){s&&1===s.readyState&&s.send("PING")}function c(){if(!s&&void 0!==i){var e=new WebSocket(n+i+"/");e.onerror=function(){e.close()},e.onopen=function(){(s=e).onclose=function(){s=null},s.onerror=function(){s.close()}},e.onmessage=function(e){var n=JSON.parse(e.data),t=n.PageId;if(t){var a=r[t];a&&a.postMessage({message:n.Data})}}}}function d(e){var a={};return e.replace(/[?&]+([^=&]+)=([^&]*)/gi,function(e,n,t){a[n]=t}),a}chrome.tabs.onUpdated.addListener(function e(n,t,a){if(null===a)return;var o=a.url;i=d(o).bpport;if(void 0===i)i="31924",c();else{var r=d(o).targetURL;d(o).browserType;chrome.tabs.onUpdated.removeListener(e),setTimeout(function(){chrome.tabs.update(a.id,{url:decodeURIComponent(r)},function(){}),c()},500)}}),setInterval(c,3e3),c(),setInterval(e,1e4),e(),chrome.runtime.onConnect.addListener(function(a){var o=a.name;a.onMessage.addListener(function(e){if(s&&1===s.readyState)if("makeConnection"===e.name){r[o]=a;var n={PageId:o,Data:"Page connected"};s.send(JSON.stringify(n))}else if("sendMessage"===e.name){var t={PageId:o,Data:e.message};s.send(JSON.stringify(t))}}),a.onDisconnect.addListener(function(e){var n=e.name;delete r[n];var t={PageId:n,Data:"Page disconnected"};s.send(JSON.stringify(t))})})}();

What does this error mean? How can this be resolved please?

Thanks & Regards,

Jean Luc

3 REPLIES 3

EmersonF
MVP
@ewilson, I hope you're well, can you help?! ​
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

DeepikaPrashant
Level 2
I have the same issue.. Any luck finding a solution ?

Prashant
Level 4
I had a similar ( not exactly the same) experience recently, when one of the developers complained of not being able to spy in browser mode with Edge browser anymore. When i checked i found that the particular site was opening in Internet Explorer mode i.e., while the outer shell is of Edge browser the site is practically opened in Internet Explorer and the Blue Prism browser extension does not work with IE / IE mode. This particular legacy site still needs to run in IE and a policy was setup to open this site in IE mode on Edge. There is no solution to this issue - just work arounds- a) use IE to open the site or b) in the application modeler change the type of application to "Browser Based Application (Internet Explorer)" while continuing to open the site in Edge or c) use other spying modes.

Don't think there is equivalent setting on Chrome browser, but you can check for similar issue by checking other sites to confirm if its extension issue or site specific issue.

Hope this helps someone who might land up here searching for "browser mode not recognizing ..."