cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Duplicate Index

GeorgePeters
Level 2
Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can help with this query I have around the set-up of BP V6.9 database connection.

I have been involved in setting up the Blue Prism DB's and I have noticed that there is a duplicate index within the database as below.  Would it be possible to drop the non-clustered index on this table?

CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IX_BPAExternalProvider_externalproviderid] ON [dbo].[BPAExternalProviderType]

(

[id] ASC

)WITH (STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[BPAExternalProviderType] ADD  CONSTRAINT [PK_BPAExternalProviderType] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED

(

[id] ASC

)WITH (STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

------------------------------
George Peters
Consultant
Synpulse MC
Europe/London
2 REPLIES 2

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
Personally, I'd recommend against dropping the index.

I believe you are correct in that it seems to be an unnecessary index (props for being detailed enough to find that!). However, the performance gain from removing it would be very little to none; it would slightly speed up inserts to that table, and slightly decrease the disk usage. You would want to weigh the potential to save a few CPU cycles against moving from the official Blue Prism database schema. What might happen if that index is changed in later updates? I think the potential risk of modifying the database outweighs what would likely be a non-noticeable change in performance.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

Okay, makes sense. Thanks for your input, Nicholas. Really appreciate it.

George Peters
Consultant
Synpulse MC
Europe/London