cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Manifest V3 Announcement - Need utility for Azure Hosted

SaifulKhan
Level 4
We have downloaded the Manifest V3 Impact Assessment Utility and We followed the instructions mentioned in README file came with the package, downloaded and ran it, but were unable to retrieve any VBO’s(PFA Snip). Probably this could be as we are Azure hosted and the Utility only has 2 authentication Modes (Windows and SQL server)

36817.jpg

Could you please let us know if Blue prism has an utility for Azure Hosted Environment (with Azure authentication modes) or related SQL scripts that we can run to extract the output for our VBO’s?

22 REPLIES 22

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Saif,

Can you please try running the following command, from a command prompt, and see if it's able to connect to your SQL instance:

​bcp "SELECT [processxml] FROM [<YOUR BP DATABASE NAME>].[dbo].[BPAProcess] WHERE ([ProcessType] = 'O' AND [AttributeID] <> 1);" queryout "BluePrism_VBOs.xml" -T -w -S <YOUR DB SERVER INSTANCE>

If the above command doesn't work, please try this variation:

bcp "SELECT [processxml] FROM [<YOUR BP DATABASE NAME>].[dbo].[BPAProcess] WHERE ([ProcessType] = 'O' AND [AttributeID] <> 1);" queryout "BluePrism_VBOs.xml" -U <USERNAME>@<SERVER NAME> -P <PASSWORD> -w -S tcp:<YOUR AZURE DB SERVER INSTANCE>

Here's an example of the second command sequence:

bcp "SELECT [processxml] FROM [BluePrism6104Dev].[dbo].[BPAProcess] WHERE ([ProcessType] = 'O' AND [AttributeID] <> 1);" queryout "BluePrism_VBOs.xml" -U jdoe@enterprise -P NotVerySecure01 -w -S tcp:enterprise.database.windows.net

Cheers,
Eric

SaifulKhan
Level 4
Thanks for the Response Eric.

I tried running the commands and getting " the system cannot find the file specified"

36793.png

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Saif,

Ok, this means you don't have the BCP utility installed on your system. BCP is a Microsoft utility that the Mv3 utility uses to perform the connection to the SQL Server instance and perform its various queries. You need to have it installed for the Mv3 utility to function properly. Please refer to the readme included with the Mv3 utility for the Microsoft link to download the BCP installer.

Cheers,
Eric​

SaifulKhan
Level 4
When I run the command on VM where SSMS is installed it says we have 15.0.1300 

36794.png
Shows on the below path as well, do you still recommend installing it manually?

36795.png

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Saif,

As the readme states, BCP is a prerequisite of the Mv3 utility, so whatever machine you’re trying to run the Mv3 utility from needs to have BCP installed on it.

If you run the Mv3 utility from the same VM where you have SSMS installed, you’re already covered as SSMS  includes BCP.​

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Eric

SaifulKhan
Level 4
Yes, Understood Eric. 

As I mentioned we ran the MV3 utility and the commands you provided on the VM where SSMS is installed, but still no luck.

Thanks,
Saiful

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Saif,

Ok, guess I’m confused then. 😂 When you tried running the BCP command that I posted, did you run it from the same folder where you ran the BCP command that returned the version information?​

If so, it might be a permissions issue with writing the VBO info to the output file.

Cheers,
Eric

SaifulKhan
Level 4
Correct, I ran it from where I got the version information.

As you said it might or might not be permission issue in writing the output, when  I ran the utility it created some dummy file and we also tried running the command without Queryout , still no luck

36800.png

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Saif,

Did you try running both versions of the BCP command I shared or just one? On the second one, can you try running it without the "tcp:" portion of the server address. I don't think it will make a difference, but I want to try covering all the options.

Below is a link to a blog post I came across from Microsoft that implies use of BCP against an Azure SQL instance is supported and shouldn't be that difficult to attach to.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/bcp-and-sql-azure/

Cheers,
Eric​​​