cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Unable to load System.Memory error trying to use IMAP features in Email - POP3/SMTP/IMAP vbo

angedawg
Staff
Staff
I am trying to use the Email - POP3/SMTP/IMAP vbo for retrieving and saving messages via IMAP. when i run the IMAP List Messages actions, I get the following error:

ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Memory, Version=4.0.1.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I am running BP v7.1.1 and when I replace the System.Memory.dll from the support files that came with the utility then I am unable to launch Blue Prism, so I had to go back to the original dll. I get the error "Unexpected browser error. You will now be returned to the sign-in screen." We connect to Blue Prism via an authentication server usin WCF SOAP w/Transport Encryption.

I also tried referencing the updated dll in a different location in the external references so that I could leave the original System.Memory.dll that came with the installation package in the BP Automate folder as is, but that did not work either.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

2 REPLIES 2

GeoffHirst
Staff
Staff

Hi Angela,

Thank you for being an SSC Blue Prism customer, and for using Blue Prism.  I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the email asset.

When I added the IMAP functionality to this asset, I am fairly sure I tested it on what was my current version which was 7.1.2, which should mean it would work for you. The interesting thing about this type of error message is that it gives you a single dll that MIGHT be causing the problem, but the text actually says 'or one of its dependencies'.  Which means, a dll that system.memory makes use of.

System_memory, is one used by Blue Prism itself and as such is loaded into memory when Blue prism launches. There is no provision for it being removed and replaced with a differing version at run time. This is why you didn't get any joy when you provided a version at a different location.

So, the solution, at the time of writing, I don't immediately have one for you. I will however investigate and revert back with my findings.

Once again, thanks for using Blue Prism.

regards

Geoff Hirst

DX Engineer

Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

GeoffHirst
Staff
Staff

Hi Angela,

My findings are as follows. I will give you the world famous developers response, 'It works on my machine.'.  I have tested it again now I am working with 7.1.2 with net framework version 4.7.

Now, it might be worth taking a look at the versions of mailkit and mimekit you have installed. The versions I have are both 3.4.1,not the latest by any means but they do work, for me at least.

So, take a look at those and come back to me with what you have and we will see if we can dig a little deeper for you.

regards

Geoff Hirst

Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism