cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Server Error: Server is not the correct type

PascalWeber
Level 3

​Hi all,

I have an issue right now using the application "BPServer.exe".
When trying to start the connection, I always get the error message:
"Failed to start server – Server is not the correct type".

Connection Type is: Blue Prism Server
Connection Mode is: WCF: SOAP with Message Encryption & Windows Authentication

When I am trying to set up the same connection via the standard Blue Prism "Automate.exe", the connection works. I am logged in to the same machine and with the same user.

Does anyone know anything about the error message? Is it possible that the Blue Prism Server is not set up correctly?

I am happy for any help.

Kind regards
Pascal

------------------------------
Pascal Weber

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Pascal - to run BP server, the application server machine needs to have a SQL Server connection. This is the connection that the server service needs to talk to the DB. And depending on what kind of SQL authentication you choose, the Windows account used to run the service may need permission to access the DB.

Then on all the other machines, the Resource PCs and BP Clients will need a Blue Prism Server connection, which enables them to talk to the application server.

I hope that helps, it is confusing at first.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Pascal - to run BP server, the application server machine needs to have a SQL Server connection. This is the connection that the server service needs to talk to the DB. And depending on what kind of SQL authentication you choose, the Windows account used to run the service may need permission to access the DB.

Then on all the other machines, the Resource PCs and BP Clients will need a Blue Prism Server connection, which enables them to talk to the application server.

I hope that helps, it is confusing at first.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

​Hi John,

thanks for your reply, that already helped.

Kind regards
Pascal Weber

Pascal Weber