cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue prism PDF Toolkit VBO - Need information

ParnabSinha_Cho
Level 5
I saw that Blue prism launched PDF Toolkit VBO in Digital Exchange. We are planning to use the same to deal with invoices. To proceed do we need ADOBE READER PRO installed as well or Adobe Document Services account will be enough for the same?

------------------------------
Parnab Sinha Choudhury
RPA Developer / Business Analyst
Parnab Sinha Choudhury RPA Developer / Business Analyst
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

HI,

Thank you for using Blue Prism.

The DLL dependencies are significant. The documentation does state that the NuGet package, available here. Now, the best way to move forward with this is if you have Visual Studio. If you don't have Visual Studio, you can download the free Community edition from the Microsoft website.

If you create a solution, any kind, but a console is the simplest, and then go to manage nuget packages under the Solution Explorer by right clicking the solution. You will be presented with the NuGet package manager screen and if you search for the PDF Toolkit you should find version 2.2.

If you then install this into your console solution it will then provide all the dependency files. You can then locate them if you navigate to the folder where you created your console solution. You can see the exact pathname by looking at the properties of one of the dll dependencies you can copy/paste this into a file explorer window and this will take you to your solution where you can locate all the dependency dll's you need.

Once again, thank you for using Blue Prism. Please come back here if you need more help.

Geoff Hirst
Consultant - Digital Exchange - EMEA
Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

View answer in original post

16 REPLIES 16

ewilson
Staff
Staff
See the thread below.

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=385&MessageKey=bccecde1-e142-4373-aa57-a7a55b0f82f9&CommunityKey=1e516cfe-4d1f-4de9-a9eb-58d15bf38c81&tab=dig...

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Eric!

We are currently using BP 6.6 Version, soon we will be upgrading to 6.7.  Is the PDF toolkit is compatible with these version or  it has any dependencies? 
Please advice.

Thanks 
Janu

Janu RPA Developer

Hi @Janu,

There is a note in the user guide that states it should work with BP versions back to v6.5, but as it's only been officially tested as far back as v6.9. I'd suggest you read through the Prerequisites section of the user guide and follow its recommendations. I'd also strongly suggest making a backup of your Blue Prism Automate folder before changing any DLLs as described in the user guide. 

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

I'm also trying to use this adobe VBO but struggling with many of the DLL dependencies. Do we have any direct link to get all relevant DLLs?

I checked documentation which provides screenshot of all required DLL.

It also require specific version of DLL only and not the updated or backdated versions.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

HI,

Thank you for using Blue Prism.

The DLL dependencies are significant. The documentation does state that the NuGet package, available here. Now, the best way to move forward with this is if you have Visual Studio. If you don't have Visual Studio, you can download the free Community edition from the Microsoft website.

If you create a solution, any kind, but a console is the simplest, and then go to manage nuget packages under the Solution Explorer by right clicking the solution. You will be presented with the NuGet package manager screen and if you search for the PDF Toolkit you should find version 2.2.

If you then install this into your console solution it will then provide all the dependency files. You can then locate them if you navigate to the folder where you created your console solution. You can see the exact pathname by looking at the properties of one of the dll dependencies you can copy/paste this into a file explorer window and this will take you to your solution where you can locate all the dependency dll's you need.

Once again, thank you for using Blue Prism. Please come back here if you need more help.

Geoff Hirst
Consultant - Digital Exchange - EMEA
Blue Prism

Hi @Geoff Hirst,

After trying a lot we extracted all DLLs using Visual Studio and copied all DLLs to Automate directory.

Used Adobe.PDFServicesSDK.dll V2.2.1.0

After that when I run I still keep getting errors related to DLL.

28202.pngHere it requires System.Buffer 4.0.2.0 but we got 4.6.28619.01 from VS. (Also tried to directly download 4.0.2.0 System.Buffer but not available on Nuget or any other web)

It seems like if one DLL gets fixed then another pops up hence we are struggling a lot to get this VBO to work.

Can you help us with this?

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

Hi Tejas,

You can try to download the latest version of the Adobe.PDFServicesSDK 2.2.1

Ensure you download the DLL from net461 folder as shown below and place it inside the Blue Prism installation folder:

28203.png

When I tried the same on my Blue Prism v6.10.4 it is working without any errors:

28204.png
Just to add version of the Blue Prism client here can also affect the inclusion of some of the default DLL's here in this case. Can you also let us know which version of Blue Prism are you using for the same?
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hi Tejas,

Thank you for being an SS&C Blue Prism customer and for using Blue Prism. The issue you are experiencing is because of how the .NET framework handles backward compatibility. In .NET, when an assembly has been updated and a new one is available, applications can use what is called an assembly redirect to redirect calls for an old assembly to a new one. This is done using the app.config file. Unfortunately we are not able to use this route with Blue Prism so we need to tell our code to redirect at runtime, using code.

Please could you check you have the latest version of the asset and also the latest version of the PDFServices package, as Devneet has already recommended. The latest version of the DX asset will have a global code function as shown below.

public static void RedirectAssembly(string shortName, Version targetVersion, string publicKeyToken) {
	ResolveEventHandler handler = null;

handler = (sender, args) => {
		// Use latest strong name & version when trying to load SDK assemblies
		var requestedAssembly = new AssemblyName(args.Name);
		if (requestedAssembly.Name != shortName)
			return null;

requestedAssembly.Version = targetVersion;
		requestedAssembly.SetPublicKeyToken(new AssemblyName("x, PublicKeyToken=" + publicKeyToken).GetPublicKeyToken());
		requestedAssembly.CultureInfo = CultureInfo.InvariantCulture;

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.AssemblyResolve -= handler;

return Assembly.Load(requestedAssembly);
	};
	AppDomain.CurrentDomain.AssemblyResolve += handler;
}​

Please come back to me if you are still having problems.

Geoff Hirst
Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA
SS&C Blue Prism

Thank you Devneet for your response.

I'm using BP 6.10.4 and Adobe.PDFServicesSDK 2.2.1

This time I tried to take a new DLL from the net461 folder as you suggested but notice the same error.

And it does not throw this error in the blue prism studio but when any action is run that time it throws this error in the Output data item.

28207.png

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead