Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue prism unable refresh HTML page data once drop down value changes

DivyaSharma
Level 2
Hello,

i'm currently working on a project and i came across this issue :

in a webpage i have a dropdown select menu which has multiple dates from which i need to select a specific date. i spied the element using html mode and by using 'Select Item' it successfully selected the required date but the issue is that when I manually select the date  from drop down it changes the data as well but in blue prism it is only changing the value (date) on drop down and not loading/refreshing its data. How can I solve this issue ?

------------------------------
Divya Sharma
3 REPLIES 3

ritansh.jatwani
Level 9
Hi @Divya Sharma,

This issue generally comes when a website has javascript/jquery implemented in the code and some trigger is required to run the function. When you select the date manually, at the backend, an event gets triggered which basically runs the function of the javascript and updates/refreshes the data. But when you perform the same task from Blue Prism, it just updates the value and doesn't trigger the associated function.

In order to fix the issue, please follow either of the steps:

1) Try to identify the javascript function being called at the backend of the ​dropdown, and then post selecting the dropdown value from "Navigate stage", trigger the javascript function (using navigate stage only).
2) Instead of using HTML mode, try using UIA/AA mode and use send keys to select the value from the dropdown. This approach is similar to mimicking a human user.

Hope it helps

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hi, Divya,

Ritansh definitely describe one of the ways how you can achieve that. This happens quite often and another approach which may work is to send global keys to that element (sending the particular date) which is more similar to user behavior and should trigger the javascript action if needed. The action is part of the list item.

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

EVIPUTI
MVP
In my case AA mode solves this issue . Though as rightly said by others you can use send keys to mimic the keyboard actions and send date values.

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------