cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong time when export from audit log

KristianHolm1
Level 5
​Hi Blueprism it looks like that blueprism change the time when you export the Audit log from Audit log viewer

27512.png

------------------------------
Kristian Holm
RPA programmer
PenSam (Pension Company)
Copenhagen Denmark
Kristian Holm RPA programmer PenSam (Pension Company) Copenhagen Denmark
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hi Kristian,

Blue Prism stores data in it's database using UTC time.  This is used to store dates in databases by most enterprise software products because large enterprises can sometimes  use software accross boarders and date lines.
The software should then convert UTC to local time wherever the user is viewing the data.

I presume the export is giving you the data from the database rather than the data from the UI?  To check that theory does the dates in your export out by the same amount that utc is out from the time in your country??
If the theory is correct then to represent the data in your own timezone you would need to perform a conversion calculation in whatever your MI tool of choice is.

Denis Dennehy
Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

To confirm what Denis has said, the export does pull the data from the database and shows the datetime values as UTC. Somewhat confusingly though the export has the header for the datetime of the events shown as Time (Local) when this should reflect it is a UTC time. This has been logged as a bug and so should be resolved in a future release.

John Cowell
Senior Software Support Analyst
Blue Prism
John Cowell Senior Software Support Analyst Blue Prism

EVIPUTI
MVP
Export takes data from your database but not from UI . As database is mostly configured in UTC timezone that is why it is showing like this . For my case i have created a small process which uses Automatec /getauditlog to get audit data in a excel and than using date format conversion from UTC to local time i am getting the desired logs for each day on my confluence page for auditing .

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------