Did you mean: 

Blueprism 5.0.33 not able to spy elements using IE Mode on Edge

SriGuru_GaneshN
Level 3
Following steps were done prior to launch

Open Edge
Open Settings
Open Default browser
Under the "Internet Explorer compatibility" section, turn on the "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode" toggle switch.

Please note that we have VBO that launch apps in IE 11. We are trying to use the IE mode on Edge and enable the functionality as IE will be decommissioned by June 15th 2022.

We are unable to spy any elements when the application is launched using 5.0.33 on Edge using the IE mode on.

Please help.

Also, what will happen on June 15 2022 for IE. Will the browser iexplorer.exe  be removed from OS?
this path is provided in the App Modeler.

------------------------------
SriGuru Ganesh N G
9 REPLIES 9

Hi SriGuru,

Blue Prism officially started supporting web based automation on Edge since v 6.8 using it's own spying mode called the "Browser Mode". You are on ver. 5 which is really old now and I think your best bet would be a version upgrade only as. If you are still on that version your best bet is Win32 mode, UI or Region mode only but obviously you can't really say the result is going to be perfect.

Coming to the second part, IE being decommissioned means no more support will be provided for IE and most of the applications will be migrating to latest browser technologies so ultimately businesses would need to move their applications on those framework.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi!!

The problem here is that the compatibility with Edge start in BP 6.3.0. You need to use an extension in your browser.

I give you some links that can helps you:

Browser extension compatibility
Chrome, Edge, and Firefox integration

The problem with IE is that it will no longer be supported by microsoft, but you can continue to use it.

Hope this helps you.

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Thanks a lot Devneet. We are hoping to keep the same version as is  i,e 5.0.33 however planning to use the IE mode on Edge.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/450116/how-to-enable-ie-mode-on-microsoft-edge.html

Even after performing the steps, the version 5.0.33 is not recognizing the elements. 

Wondering if missed a step.

SriGuru Ganesh N G

Thanks for the links Pablo. We are referencing the same.

SriGuru Ganesh N G

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi SriGuru - when IE Mode is activated in Edge, you see in Task Manager there is an instance of iexplore.exe running under msedge.exe. As an experiment, see if v5 will attach to iexplore and enable you to spy the web content. I've not tried this in v5 so don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hello @SriGuru_GaneshN

Please see if this link help you in some way or another. 
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/ie-mode.htm​

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

thanks John for the tip.  We tried a small POC by doing the following
1. Ensure IE mode is allowed in Edge (by checking the Edge settings)
2. Change the source path of the VBO to launch Edge (previously it was pointing to iexplorer.exe)
3. Tried spying the elements of the VBO

We are unable to highlight any of the elements on IE mode on Edge which would have been that would be have possible on pure IE launch.

We are trying this option now: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/ie-mode.htm

SriGuru Ganesh N G

Thanks Neeraj. We are referencing this and trying it out.

SriGuru Ganesh N G

Hi SriGuru,

I'm working with a customer now that was using v5.0.3 with IE and they decided to upgrade to 6.10.4 because of the IE sunsetting.

IE mode in Edge is supported in v6.10.4 and they get all of the advancements in BluePrism. I can understand reluctance to upgrade but going from 5.0.3 to 6.10/11 or ever 7.1 would bring a lot of value in itself.

If you haven't seen the BP doc no this, take a look: Microsoft Edge IE mode (blueprism.com).

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism