Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation of testing with mobile app emulator

HongJooChoi
Staff
Staff

Dear folks

Does Blue Prism have any references in automating the SDK testing process for Android / iOS mobile apps?

For Android, the emulator runs on a desktop and
for iOS, it's said that the emulator should run on iOS, which means the RR should run on the iOS, too.

I appreciate for your answer in advance.

Best regards

------------------------------
HongJoo Choi
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi,

For the part of Android I will recommend you use Nox or BlueStak . You can try spy this apps like Citrix, using the surface functions.

For iOS... If i'm not wrong... Blue Prism is compiled with .Net assemblies. So you can open it only in Windows environment. The alternative of this is having a virutal desktop of iOS and connecting to it using the RDP function from Windows. (In the past when I need to compile an app from iOS, this is the best way)

Hope this helps you

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi,

For the part of Android I will recommend you use Nox or BlueStak . You can try spy this apps like Citrix, using the surface functions.

For iOS... If i'm not wrong... Blue Prism is compiled with .Net assemblies. So you can open it only in Windows environment. The alternative of this is having a virutal desktop of iOS and connecting to it using the RDP function from Windows. (In the past when I need to compile an app from iOS, this is the best way)

Hope this helps you

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Madrid

Dear Pablo

Thank you for sharing your experiences and ideas.

In the case of iOS, if you need to remotely connect to the VM and spy it, I guess the surface automation is probably the only way to spy the emulator.
Is my understanding correct?

When you used the surface automation for the emulator, was it working accurately enough?
(The accuracy matters in our case as it's for testing of mobile SDKs)

Best regards

HongJoo Choi

Hi,

Yes, you understand well. 

About Android, I found this page: https://www.apkonline.net/free-android-online-emulator 

This emulate an android environment in your own browser. It's could be an alternative of download a full emulator.

In the other hand I look for similar options for iOS, but you need to pay for all so...

And about the accuracy that you told me... BP is not designed to work with mobile apps so you may have big problems if you try the typical screen gestures (for zoom, go back and this kind of thing)

Hope this helps you!

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Madrid