cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Date Selection

FrankieTEWV
Level 5

Hello,

The automation I'm currently building involves downloading a leavers report and from that report the deactivation date is read (dd/mm/yyyy) and then using a write stage the deactivation date is  inputted into a date box on a system to deactivate a users account. 

I have used a write stage to input the date (which does populate the date in the correct format) however after clicking submit on the system the date doesn't seem to stay on the users account (resulting in the user account not being deactivated) - after testing this it seems that the system will only keep the deactivation date on the user account if the date is selected from a calendar picker rather than writing the date in the box provided.

I  have raised this with the supplier as to why the date doesn't stay on the user account if written as opposed to selecting it from the calendar picker but whilst I wait for them to respond I thought I would ask the question if anyone has set up an automation to select a date using a calendar picker.

This date will be different for each user account and doesn't have any boxes on the calendar picker to select month or year only arrows - so I'm not sure how to set it up so that it reads the date from the report and then knows how to navigate to that date on the calendar picker .. see below

date on report comes through as below

36007.png

system has the below box to input date  - it does populate the date in the below box using a write stage, but after clicking submit it doesn't stay on the staffs record.

36008.png

Therefore I need to use the calendar picker below - as dates can be in various months / days how can you programme the digital worker to click on the arrows in the calendar picker (highlighted) to select the right month and then select  the right date - all from reading the date form the report?

36009.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Frankie

2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Calendars are usually a nightmare Frankie and you're right to want to stay away from them if possible, but unfortunately it looks like in this case you can't. The date field will have been built to expect human input using the keyboard and mouse, but the Write stage is a non-human technique. Even though it appears that a value has been entered, the web page is 'unaware' that the field has been used.
Before attempting to spy the calendar, I'd recommend experimenting with Activate Window, Focus. Global Mouse Click and Global Send Key/Events. In other words, try to make BP do what a human user would do. Also try adding your date to the clipboard (Utility - Environment VBO) and doing a CTRL V.

FrankieTEWV
Level 5

Thank you so much for the suggestions John - Im going to attempt these now (everything crossed)