cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bot picking the same item in the work queue instead of picking the next item

Miya
Level 5
Hi, 
  I am trying to process 10 files using work queue when  try to access get next item bot is acessing the first file continuously instead of accessing the next file in the list. Can some one help to sort this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Miya

------------------------------
Miya
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Miya,

Do you have 10 queue items? if yes, typically you would want to set the current queue item as completed before moving to the next item.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Sai_Devendra_Ku
Level 3
if you have 10 files and while adding to the queue you should have 10 items assuming the key as the file name/file path. when doing get next item for 1st time you will get the file1 data and post-processing your work on the file1 bot should either mark as complete or mark as an exception or differ that item for some time.  then only when you run the action get next item again it will pick the other items/files.

Without doing Mark as Complete/Exception or differ, if you unlock the item post-processing or when you got an exception when you do get next item it will pick that item again and again
Sai Devendra Kumar Komma

EmersonF
MVP
You must ensure that the item was completed successfully or with exception, only then it will be unable to be reprocessed. Also make sure the logic for getting a new item is correct.

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Thank you, the issue got resolved i had 2 collections one for add to queue and one for get next item, when i use the same collection the bot started to pick up the next item

Miya

Perfect, if my answer was helpful.mark as best answer, this helps signal that it has been resolved.

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil