cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Automation in Version 7.1

grbanares
MVP

Hi Team! Is there anyone in here who are experiencing issues on browser automation in version 7.1? Did you experience significant slowness from a previously running well process? What are the actions taken to get things to the right perspective?

Looking forward to get some good insights on this concern. Thank you in advance! 🙂

------------------------------
Genold Bañares
Head of Automation Development
Virtual Blue
Auckland, New Zealand
Genold Bañares
Director of RPA
Virtual Blue
Auckland, New Zealand
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Genold,

Recently we migrated from version 6.10.1 to 7.1 and our browser working fine as usual. Could you please provide in detail what is exact issue are you facing it?

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

We went from 6.10 to 7.1.2 and the decrease in processing was noticeable. Our tasks now take 5-10 minutes longer, and I have had to increase the wait time between tasks within a schedule so that it won't fail.  We also get a lot of Browser extension was not detected but it's there and installed. Glad to know it's not just us.

Mary Sloan

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Genold,

I too have identified that time taken to identify elements in V7 is little longer than V6 both in browser mode and UI mode as well. Also dynamic wait stages are to be increased as the delay in identification of elements causing issues. No specific alternative that I found to pace up the search of elements probably more number of attributes might work but relying on more attributes is tricky.

I suspect the issue is because the extent of integration between Manifest V3 with Blueprism is still in progressive stage with releases coming up the delays might come down. For us the number of extension issues got reduced arguably but it still persists.

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Hello everyone,

@Grace-Lanser was kind enough to raise your feedback with our product team, who've investigated and confirmed it as a known issue. The slowdowns appear to be coming from changes we've needed to make to support Manifest version 3. You can see the list of known issues for 7.1 here.

We believe the issue is fixed in 7.2.1, and those fixes will also be released in 7.3. 

Thanks for letting us know! If you continue to experience slowness across Browser Automation after updating, let us know here and we'll continue to investigate.

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)