cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser login using Authorization header

Seetharama_RaoT
Level 2

Hi,

i am trying to login to the application using browser mode to by passing user name and password followed by authentication header. I used invoke javascript method in navigation stage and utility HTTP but not able to pass authorization header to the browser. is there any way to pass the authorization headers to the browser to complete the login process? 

Thank you,

Seetharama Rao. 

2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

Could you explain why you are using Javascript to log into your browser application rather than entering the username and password like a user would?

I have had some issues in the past where data I entered into an application (such as username) using one method was not recognized by the underlying application.  The answer is to try different interface techniques and try different keystrokes and mouse clicks and moves to try to trigger whatever action the underlying application is waiting for.  I once interface with an application where it was waiting for a tab button to recognize data had been inputted!!!

In your case I would start by trying to input username and password and clicking the ok or submit button like a user would.  Start by using the standard Edge or Chrome interface,  if that does not work try the Windows UI Automation interface,  if that does not work then try using the windows interface and global keystrokes.

HI,

I faced the same issue earlier and used send keys concept to enter both username and passwords. Later I passed Tab/Enter via send keys to to select and click the submit button and it worked in my case. 

Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia