cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Mode Does Not Work After Completing Some Items (Chrome)

Woldermacdowell
Level 2
Hello community!

I'm having some difficulties with browser mode when the process is in control room tests and I'll explain it better.

Browser mode works well for mapping elements and interacting with an application, however, after automation successfully executes some items in the Control Room, browser mode drops out and it doesn't find any of the mapped elements.

Opening the object is also not possible to map new elements after this failure occurs, so you need to restart Blue Prisma so that you can restore browser mode.

Actions I took:
- Checked port 31924 as above;
- Tried to terminate Chrome in several ways (kill process, terminate and via C# code);
- Clear cache.

I would like your help to resolve this issue.
If there are any more relevant details ask me.

See you later!

------------------------------
Woldermacdowell Alves Paquerote
2 REPLIES 2

NicholasRobbins
Level 3
Hello there,

This issue is resolved with Blue Prism 7. Until upgrading, my recommendation would be to perform either a logout/login or restart on the resource between process runs. This will reset the port and allow for elements to be identified using browser mode. Also, when dealing with multiple Chrome windows instead of terminating the VBO, try just closing the specific Chrome window, using window titles.

To elaborate, the issue is the default port that the Chrome extension is hardcodded - 31924.  A restart of the machine is the only short-term fix, but you could also try updating the settings to un-tick the fixed port 31924. 

Nicholas Robbins Leon
RPA Developer II
Darden
Orlando
407-245-6520

ConradoMeli
Level 5
Hi Alves,

Question, have you disabled the "Start a personal Runtime...." setting? I have noticed that this problem occurs when you try to use the port at the same time as the RR. 

If you use the application modeller to succesfully spy objects and run the process "step by step", and then start the process from the control room.... the bot wont find some elements.

On the other hand, if you first start the process from control room and run it successfully, and then you try to spy some objects it will fail.

As mentioned in some other posts, closing BP and RR will solve this.

Quick mid term solution?, keep this in mind always, and make sure that the port is available for BP o RR when you need it.

PD: If you cant disable this feature because of permissions, then when you start BP try to close the RR before you do anything else.

Regards,

Conrado Meli
Managing Partner
Primus IA
America/Santiago