cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Mode for MS Edge not working on Blue Prism 6.9

StevenP_
Level 2
Hi, 

I'm trying to spy elements on a  webpage on Microsoft Edge with Blue Prism 6.9, but it looks like the browser spy mode is not detecting any elements. Has anyone encountered this issue yet? If so, how did you get Browser mode to work? I've installed all the required extensions as well. 

31047.png
31048.png
4 REPLIES 4

henrynli
Staff
Staff
Hi Steven,

seemed your commandline parameter missed an hyphen...it should look like :

------------------------------
Henry Li

ManuToivanen
Level 4
I had the exactly same problem. Lots of googling and I ended up to the Blue Prisms web-pages.  I found out that this is a known issue (BP-1408) in BP v6.9. 

31038.png

After selecting "Use fixed browser extension port (31924) only" from Blue Prism (System --> Settings --> Browser Extension Connectivity --> Use fixed browser extension port (31924) only) spying with browser mode started to work as expected.

FilipeVieira
Level 2
Hi

I am having the same problem. 

I read the "Known issues" documentation, and I have found this one:
31039.pngI think this might be the issue you are referring to.

Perhaps you can try the "workaround" mentioned up there in the "Issue" section by starting Edge again a second time via the "Launch" button in Aplication Modeller.

I will try this myself today to see if I can make it work. A second question, then, is if the spying made this way will be reliable in Production.

FV

Filipe Vieira

Hi,

You need to uncheck the "Use fixed browser extension port (31924) only" under the system tab in Blue prism.
Once unchecked, restart your machine and try to spy elements using Browser mode.

Also, two thing to keep in mind:
  1. Browser mode will only work in 6.9 if you launch the application from the object. If the application is already launched, and you then attach to it, the browser mode will not work.t
  2. If the application is opening in IE mode, the Browser mode will not work. Check for IE mode in the Left side of the Address Mode.

Manik Sharma
Senior Consultant
ISG
Bengaluru, Karnataka
Manik Sharma Senior Consultant, Intelligent Automation Information Services Group Bengaluru, Karnataka