cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser mode can not work on popup window(actually it is a search page)

ChihuaXiang
Level 3
Hi everyone,
I am using BP v6.10.0/Chrome v86.0.4240.198/extension v6.10.0 on my local, it is the same environment that have on VM. The difference is I am using 64bit Window 10 and VM has 64 bit Window Server 2016.

The robot works well on my local. But I am facing an issue on VM. the popup window (it is a search window with a lot of fields, not a simple alert/confirm popup)can not be spied with Browser mode only, other modes works on this popup.

The popup window opens by clicking a button on main page.
I append "--force-renderer-accessibility" at the end of start page URL, not popup window url.
I used F12 to check that extension are loaded after popup window opens.

After several experiments on click the button to open the popup, I found the browser mode can only work after I use Ctrl+left mouse click to click the button, it will open as a new tab beside the main page tab.
So that, my teammate found a chrome extension named Open link in same tab, pop-up as tab , but it also can not work.

we are thinking about to use keystroke, but there is only Global Send Keys which can not send pressing <Ctrl + left mouse click "LButton" + releasing >Ctrl.

I also tried to have another business object and put popup window URL+"--force-renderer-accessibility" in the Application Modeller to attach the opened popup, browser mode still can not work after attached.

I think it should be the environment issue, but I dont know how to locate it now.
Does anyone have experience on this? can you please give me some advice? I really appreciate you help. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Chihua!

When you say pop-up, do you mean the typical alert or the document save dialog box? Or do you mean a new browser window opens?

If is the javascript alert or any windows dialog box, you will need to have another object to spy this or send global key press as you said. 

If is another browser window, you can detch the current window and attach the new window.
You have in the "navigate object" one option to attach and detach. When attach, you can indicate the "Window Title" or the "Child Index". I have this problem with a very old ticketing system and works correctly.

Hope this helps you.

Bye 🙂

remko.bouwens
Level 5
In the past I encountered similar issues (popups in Chrome/IE).

I solved these, as Pablo also suggested, by creating a new object and attaching to the popup window.
Create a set of actions to interact with it and you are good to to.

This should work fine.

gouthamedara
Level 4
I see that Remko seems to have it sorted out. I am trying to spy through a new object. Have not been able to spy yet. If someone can tell me how they spied/interacted with the pop up that would be helpful

Update : I am able to spy on the pop up using UIA via the application navigator option. It shows the tree and we can select the pop up from that. After a day of pulling my hair I found this to be really helpful.