cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caching Element Location Enhancement Request

coreydrees
Level 4
Hey! So I am working with an application that likes to layer screens on top of one another. This leads to a pretty bloated HTML file and I am thinking this is why Blue Prism is slow to identify the element on the screen.  I can speed up the element identification by matching on path, but this is against Blue Prism best practice, and for good reason since path can change depending on the data on the screen. I could dynamically generate a path that is robust enough to handle various cases, but this lengthens development considerably as the requirement gathering could be endless.   Here is the problem. Five seconds to identify the element for a wait stage. Five seconds to write a value to the element Five seconds to read the value back to verify it is correct. That is fifteen total seconds to write to a field using Blue Prism best practices. This is much slower than a human.   Here is my enhancement request. Can you cache the location of elements so that if you refer to the same element over and over again you do not have to re-search the DOM each time?   Looking forward to hearing your opinions on this (and I could even be unaware of a better implementation strategy in Blue Prism)    
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Corey - good idea and it'll get higher visibility here https://portal.blueprism.com/products/enhancement-request