cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a procedure

JeromeRajan
Level 3
Hi, I'm trying to execute an Oracle procedure block using the data OLEDB VBO but I'm running into errors. Kindly advise. The procedure runs perfectly fine in SQLPLUS   Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
And what are your errors?????  Have you tried testing your ODBC drives using another tool such as Excel - the last few times I have seen Oracle.   As an alternative I attach an Oracle VBO (similar to the SQL Server VBO - I created this oracle one based upon the SQL one many years back).   Please Note:  This is an uncertified VBO which means I provide it for you ""as is"" neither I or the Blue Prism support team can support this VBO or help you with it... but if you know Oracle you should be able to figure out how to use it and solve any issues yourself.    

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Here is some additional information on that Oracle VBO: There are a number of direct dll path references in the Code Options screen of the VBO.  It is likely that you will need to change these paths to point to the .NET framework dll locations within your infastructure.  Also, if you are using Blue Prism v5 you may want to point to .NET 4.0 dlls instead of .NET 2.0 dlls.  For more information about code stages and references in Blue Prism you should refer to the relevant .NET framework data sheet in the product area of the portal.   Once the VBO is imported and the code references correct to use it take the following steps: Make sure Oracle is closed (Close action) Set the required connection (Set Connection action; Server, DB, User, Password) Example Server String (though yours, obviously, will be different):   (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=)(PORT=1522)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=)))   Open the Oracle connection (Open action) Run the queries (Get Collection, Execute, Begin/End Transaction, etc. actions) Close the connection (Close action)