cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not use time data type in Blue Prism due to .NET Framework error

LasseRäty
Level 2
Hi, I have recently been running to an error message every time I try to deal with the time data type in Blue Prism regardless of where I try to do it. The same thing happens e.g. when I try to define an environment variable of the type time, or if I try to open a time variable in an existing process, such as the Stop After Time in Process Template 1:
18016.png

The only reason that I could come up with as a cause of this error is the fact that I recently made a ShowSecondsInSystemClock registry edit in Windows (location: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ) to have seconds visible in the system clock as well:
18017.png18018.png

However, neither setting the value to 0 or completely deleting the entry and rebooting solved the issue with Blue Prism time data types, even though the Windows system clock did seem to revert back to its usual functionality without the seconds timer showing.

What could I do to try and solve this issue?

The error log starts with the below text. I have also attached the whole error log which includes the loaded assemblies.

************** Exception Text **************
BluePrism.Server.Domain.Models.InvalidFormatException: Invalid value '17.30.38' for a new time
at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.ProcessValue..ctor(DataType dtype, String val, Boolean allowInvalid)
at AutomateUI.clsProcessValueControl.GetControl(DataType t, Boolean multiline)
at AutomateUI.clsEnvironmentVariableListRow.HandleDataTypeChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at AutomateControls.StyledComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks!

------------------------------
-Lasse-
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hi @Lasse Räty,

I'd open a ticket with Blue Prism support if you haven't already.​

What version of Blue Prism are you using? Is the machine set to English (U.K) locale?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hi @Lasse Räty,

I'd open a ticket with Blue Prism support if you haven't already.​

What version of Blue Prism are you using? Is the machine set to English (U.K) locale?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks, changing the locale to English (U.K) fixed the issue! This was on Blue Prism v7.1.0.

Lasse Räty