cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we automate Putty application using BluePrism?

KaliRaj
Level 3
Can we automate Putty application using BluePrism?
9 REPLIES 9

MandarJadhav
Level 4
yes

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI jmandar8!! Please help me that how to automate putty application with BluePrism?

sourabhsingh
Level 2
yes I have done that. you can launch the using application modellar. first putty configuration window will launch u can set configuration setting there and then a new window will opened you can spy that and work on that you need to observe command execution time on the basis of that you can give multiple command by using static wait statge. i am reading the logs from the txt file which i have given while setting configuration.

sourabhsingh
Level 2
see in pic

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Yes! This billing app is old but already alive. The navigation is with snedkeys and with Region Mode. We have 0 problems with it. Regards, Daniel

I am finding that whatever way a password is sent to putty it will come through with all lowercase and does not work without modifying each Upper Case letter or number.  Has anyone ran across this issue?

------------------------------
Jonathan Holstine
Systems Accountant
Interior Business Center
America/Denver

If SendKeys is struggling, you could leverage AutoHotKey via command line and see if that makes a difference. I've had to do that over RDP connections before.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

AnthonyStarita
Level 3
Without wanting to hijack the thread - I've managed to automate a basic business process in Putty through using Global Send Keys and the process works fine when running through process studio, however once i try to run it on a runtime resource the automation fails.

This is because the Putty application appears to receive some form of keystroke at regular intervals, approx every 4 seconds.  This interferes with the Global Send Keys method and results in the automation failing.  

Has anybody else seen this with Putty?  I wondered whether Putty was picking up the communication between the runtime resource and the Blue Prism app server somehow?

Anthony Starita
Business Analyst
Pacific/Auckland

If your problem can be solved by sending each key after 4 secs, then you can use the setting as per screenshot while using global send keys.

29563.png

Vivek Goel
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.