cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to SQL DB for Blueprism : No process is on the other end of the pipe

ShimaDaisuke
Level 3
I'm facing issue with connecting SQL from Blueprism. Below are the symptom and points I've checked. I would appreciate if anybody can help me solve the issue. Thank you.

• When booting Blueprism (setup for connecting Blueprism Server), "Initializing Connection..." screen comes up and continues forever.
  • In "Service" screen, "Blueprism Server" service is stopped. It will automatically stop even if I start the service manually.
  • In "Service" screen, "SQL Server"  service is running.
  • When I try to open the SQL Server Management Studio with Windows Authentication, below message comes up. (partially masked)
13174.png
  • When I check event viewer, below "Error" information was logged in Application section. (Source = Blue Prism Server)
Service cannot be started. BluePrism.BPCoreLib.InvalidStateException: Connection not valid: Unable to determine whether database exists - A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
at BPServer.clsBPServer.Start(ServerConfig cfg)
at BPServer.ServerService.DoStart(String[] args)
at BPServer.ServerService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

• No specific change made to server itself nor Blueprism application, when this issue happened. BP was able to connect to server in the morning of this day, and suddenly became unable to connect in the afternoon same day.

------------------------------
Shima Daisuke
Asia/Tokyo
4 REPLIES 4

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Hi Shima san,

• Where's the SQL Server instance installed? (Inside the Application Server host or Outside on a dedicated SQL Server host)
  • What type of Server authentication is used under the SQL Server Properties? (Windows Authentication mode or Mixed mode (SQL Sever and Windows Authentication))

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hi Jega,

Thank you for your response. My answer is as below:
1. SQL server is installed in same machine where Blueprism is installed.
2. We are using Windows Authentication. (OS is Windows Server 2016 Standard)

Shima Daisuke
Asia/Tokyo

Hi Shima-san,

Please check the following protocols are enabled from the SQL Server Configuration Manager:
  • Named Pipes
  • TCP/IP
Also, check the settings to allow SQL Server to accept remote connections.

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hi Jega,

Unfortunately, I cannot connect to the Database via SQL Server Management Studio, therefore I cannot confirm any setting regarding SQL databases...
As mentioned in my first post, connection is rejected with Error 233, when I click "Connect" in Management Studio (Please see my first post for the detail message).

Is there any other way to confirm the setting through other application?

Shima Daisuke
Asia/Tokyo