cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create ActiveX component. - VBO OUTLOOK

DanielFlores1
Level 3
Hello everyone:

I have a question, I have a process that at the beginning sends an email. On several occasions (not always) it has failed in that part due to a specific error:

"ERROR: Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component."

This error sometimes occurs when the process is scheduled, however, when a drag-drop is performed from the Control Room it works without problem.

Regards!!

------------------------------
Daniel Flores
Junior Staff
Deloitte
America/Santiago
12 REPLIES 12

Hi

Can you share any errors you get when trying to save attachments while outlook is closed?

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Hello Jena, I came across this error today. I am using the Outlook in a VDI, also I have all other components - Blue Prism, excel, etc configured in the same VDI.

I closed all instances of outlook in the VDI and executed the object. It works.

[Anuraag] [Pandey] [RPA Consultant]
Germany

One of our team members encountered a similar error and identified that it occurred while using Outlook in a preview release mode. However, they found that the issue was resolved by turning off the preview release mode and restarting Outlook. After taking these steps, the Outlook VBO (Visual Business Object) started functioning correctly.

For the information of anyone who comes across this post in the future, this solution might be helpful in case they encounter a similar problem with the Outlook VBO.

22286.png

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead