cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant export Excel as PDF

karl.hansson
Level 3

Hi,

Im trying to export my Excel as PDF but it´s not working..
I downloaded the latest Excel VBO but and even tried the extended with no success.

My inputs: (which should be fine because they work with all the other actions..)

karlhansson_0-1727256117144.png

Error:

karlhansson_1-1727256142147.png

@ewilson  🙂

All help appreciated.

Best regards,
Karl

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

david.l.morris
Level 14

Have you verified that you can manually export as PDF in Excel for that specific file first?

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hi @karl.hansson 

I believe that's a NAME_NOT_FOUND error in Excel. This could be caused by any number of issues within the Workbook itself. First thing I'd try is setting the Active Sheet Only flag to True and see if that exports ok.

Cheers,
Eric 

david.l.morris
Level 14

Have you verified that you can manually export as PDF in Excel for that specific file first?

I should have tried this first.. Didn´´t think it could be an issue but there´s a problem when trying to do it even manually but i get this:

karlhansson_0-1727333111011.png
Any suggestion on work around?

When i tried to use the Save As PDF in the other object i get an issue with the Portrait / Landscape input where i tried both True/False without success.

@karl.hansson I haven't seen that specific error before (the one dealing with no printers installed). I would think all it wants is Microsoft Print to PDF set up as a Printer. Do you have that in your list of printers? Maybe if you set it as default in the printers, then it might work? Also, make sure the Print Spooler Windows service is running.