cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant submit HTML "Login" button on Blue Prism

I can't submit a 'Login' Button in Blue Prism for a web page. I have filled in the username and password through a write stage in Blue prism. I have identified the Log In Button as a 'Button Web Type' in Application Modeler. I have no issues highlighting the button and it can be uniquely identified. It seems that it just wont submit to 'Login', its stays grayed out. When you compete this task manually it works and submits. I have tried to use a navigate stage to put the mouse into the username and password fields prior to writing into the fields. I thought this might trick the login button to let me submit. Unfortunately not. Anyone else have any similar issues with this in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gary

--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by Gary.
Hi  I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
2 REPLIES 2

antonyvp
Level 4
What type of browser are you using? 
Instead of using HTML element for username and password use Active Accessibility element. Use Navigate stage to write username and password and don't forget to activate the window before writing into it. 

------------------------------
Antony Pappachan
RPA Developer
Persistent Systems
America/New_YorkAntony Pappachan
RPA Developer
Persistent Systems
America/New_York

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The web page may well have some client side code 'listening' for user input before it enables the button. The write stage can be too 'quiet' for the listener, and you may need to use keystrokes, as Antony suggests, in order to trigger the client side code.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism