cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture 2.0 Unable to export

HarrietGray1
Level 2

Hi,

Using the capture 2.0 .exe, we are unable to export to any filetype. We have tried this on different processes, on machines with different monitor setups, and the result is always that we are unable to export.

I looked through the known limitations, and we don't seem to have any of those issues. Primarily we would like to export to .docx and .xml.

It is difficult to assess what the issue is as Capture does not give any error messages, it just shows the below:

4927.png Has anyone else had similar problems, and if so what were the causes/how did you solve it?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Harriet
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Alex and Harriet, 

Capture automatically exports to Downloads folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads. Could you both please ensure you have the same file path, if not could you create the appropriate folder to see if the problem is resolved? 

Here's an example from my Capture v2.0 instance on my machine of the folder that the files export to: 4913.png
Best regards, 

Tom

Tom Chiles
Product Manager Blue Prism
Europe/London

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AlexDuff
Level 4

Hi,

Yes - We're experiencing the same issue - we have an open thread: Capture 2.0 Export to XML.

It's currently being looked into. This impacts us for every type of export - including more the .EXE and .MSI.

Nothing has been provided yet as a solution.

Alex Duff
RPA Developer
Lowell Financial
Europe/London

Hi Alex and Harriet, 

Capture automatically exports to Downloads folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads. Could you both please ensure you have the same file path, if not could you create the appropriate folder to see if the problem is resolved? 

Here's an example from my Capture v2.0 instance on my machine of the folder that the files export to: 4913.png
Best regards, 

Tom

Tom Chiles
Product Manager Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking, but I can confirm nothing is appearing in the Downloads folder.
Is there any way of changing the save path in case for some reason that is what is causing the error?

I've also looked to see if there is anything being created in the AppData files but nothing there either I'm afraid!

4915.png
Thanks

Harriet Gray

Just for confirmation for both you and Harriet.

Your suggestion of creating that filepath has resolve the issue for me.

However doesn't help with Harriets recent question of "Is there any way of changing the save path"

Thanks for your suggestion Tom - Ill copy your comment here and move it to my open thread as a solution.

Alex Duff
RPA Developer
Lowell Financial
Europe/London

Hi Tom,

Update on this, creating a second 'downloads' folder seems to have done the trick.
I think my original Downloads folder, despite being the path specified above, was causing issues as it was connected to my onedrive account. 

Thanks for the help Tom. 🙂

Harriet Gray