cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrom Version For BP 6.4

MadhuGarg
Level 4
Hi All,

Currently I am using Blue Prism 6.4.2 version & Chrome Version 89.0.4 & BP Browser Extension: 1.0.6.3.

Problems Facing: AA Spy mode is not appearing. 

What should be the preferred Chrome version need to use ?

What should be the version of Blue Prism Extension  ?

Thank you

------------------------------
Madhu Garg
4 REPLIES 4

david.l.morris
Level 14
AA mode does not work in Blue Prism Chrome automation. Instead, the suggestion is to use UIA mode. In the URL input of Application Modeller or the CommandLineParams of a Launch (navigate) stage, put the URL of the webpage followed by --force-renderer-accessibility.

Something like this:
https://google.com --force-renderer-accessibility

After that, you should see UIA when you cycle through the spy modes.

As for the preferred Chrome version to use with BP 6.4 and the version of the Blue Prism Browser Extension, normally I'd point you here: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/browser-compatibility.htm

Unfortunately, at least for me, that page is not loading. It may be a temporary issue or it may be that the network I'm on is blocking it.

I'd say to first try the --force-renderer-accessibility parameter first and see if you still have issues.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks for replying Dave. UIA mode is working but it's bit slow (12sec) more it takes to read an element.
Some elements are reading values that are not present in the browser window.

I even tried with Right Click & Selecting Element to get the value. But still it's getting fail.
Please advise.

Madhu Garg

Reading your last post, are you trying to copy a value from a text box? Have you tried clicking in it and then sending keyboard shortcuts for Ctrl+a and Ctrl+c to copy the value to the clipboard and read it that way?

Chris Ellenburg - KeyMark, Inc.

I've found UIA to be very slow in some websites. I guess it just depends on how complex the website is and how many elements Blue Prism has to traverse in the UI. 

You may be doing this already, but it's worth a mention: Are you using Match Index as one of the selected attributes in your UIA App Model elements?

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA