cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome Browser-Running from control room

PaulCurran1
Level 4
I'm using BP 6.3 and Chrome to access an online portal and download an excel file. I've been able to successfully spy the portal, navigate around same and download the excel. I've stepped through/over the logic multiple times and it works really well. I launch Chrome through a navigate stage with the URL for the portal then my next action is to wait for one of the elements on the portal to exist before moving onwards through the process. However when I incorporate the logic in my process and run from control room my process throws an error at the next element post launch, the next stage is a wait stage to ensure a field 'username' exists. This times out every time despite being spied correctly when I access App Modeller. See attached how I've spied this field. Any ideas?    
14 REPLIES 14

AlesiaDzerhacho
Level 2
Experiencing the same issue.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Maybe try excluding the wildcard attribute altogether.

coreydrees
Level 4
Yeah really having some weird symptoms when running Chrome from the control room

FacundoKargman
Level 3
Hello, did anyone solve this?

AmiBarrett
Level 12
How many pages do you need to keep open simultaneously? In most cases, you can turn off the URL check entirely.

FacundoKargman
Level 3
Its not about the element attributes cheked i think... For instance i only check the web path (that dosnt change) in a chrome button element and when i run the process in debug mode it works fine. But when i run the process via control room, the wait stage that checks for that element to exist, fails and goes to timeout.  Its not about time waiting either because i tried the same thing with a 10 second sleep before the wait stage (just to check its no about the control room running too fast) and it still fails. Hope anyone can solve this problem... Im contacting bp support anyway

CarlaFreitas
Level 2
Hi, Same problem here. Did anyone solve?

CarlaFreitas
Level 2
Hi, Same problem here. Did anyone solve?

MadliAllikmäe
Level 3
Same issue. @fkargman Got it fixed?