cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you run a process on a resource group via a Web Services request?

JordyVan_den_Br
Level 2
I have for example 3 resources called robot1, robot2, robot3 and assigned them to a resource group called Test Resources. Besides this resource group, there is one other group called Development Resources which has its own resources. I also have an exposed process (web service).

Is it possible to run the exposed process only on one of the three resources in the Test Resources group? Can I specify on which resource group the exposed process should run or can I only specify a specific resource, for example robot1?

------------------------------
Jordy Van den Brande
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It has to be a specific resource Jordy. The general advice on exposing WS is to use a simple process that returns very quickly, for example adding an item to a queue.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,

If I have a process which is performing some end to end flow and I have to trigger this process from a web application or chat bot, so I want to host this process as a web service and call it whenever required. I have few set of questions -
1) Is it fine to use such kind of process via web service, if not why and then whats the alternate of it
2) How will I pass data to be used in the process from web application or how will process get data from external source like from a web application calling blue prism process, how will data flow from that web application to blue prism
3) If multiple such request are sent to a process via web service on same resource, how will it queue the request and run it one by one?

Mayank Goyal
Technical Lead
Infosys Limited
America/Phoenix