cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome Extension removed automatically

Hi Team,

Any one facing issue like chrome extension removed automatically from browser.
I am facing this issue from last 15 days with BPV6.6 only in chrome browser. In the meantime  firefox extension is always there.

I checked with our security team it's fine from there end. But it is working fine in my Development server, so issue is only in my local desktop.

If any one aware about the issue then please let me now.

Note:-
I am using Latest version Chrome and the same version is working fine in my server and in another laptop as well.
So it's not browser issue. It may be security issue from my system side or may be blue prism extension issue from chrome.

Any Help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

PeterLacken
Level 7
Hi,

This will almost certainly be a "group policy" that does not allow unknown extensions and automatically deletes it.  You have to ask the IT security team to "whitelist" the chrome extension in order for it to persist in the browser.

Peter.

PeterLacken
Ren Røros Intelligent Automation
Peter.Lacken@rria.no
http://www.rria.no

View answer in original post

12 REPLIES 12

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff
Hello Amlan

The issue could be due to the Extension getting disabled on the browser. Could you check in the extension page if the chrome extension still exists there?

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

Hi karan,

It's completely removed from Chrome. In extension page also it is not available.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Faced a similar issue. Found a group policy of ours which forces the install of a security plug in. However it also uninstalls any other plugins not specifically lists (like Blue Prism)

​Group Policy> Google Chrome/Extensions>Configure the list of force-install apps and extensions.

Monitor the Reg Keys below. Should see one for Blue Prism (use to start with "napd...") but may have changed. Then see if running a gpupdate / force removes it.

Or Get the extension working again (reinstall) then write a script which monitors those reg keys to see when it is removed. And look thought the Windows event logs to see what may have been the cause.

Registry Hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Registry Path Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallForcelist

Philip Trovato

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your reply. I did not understand how to resolve the same.
Please elaborate so that I can able to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi
Please help me one this.
It may be a common issue going forward for all who are using BluePrism.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

I have just added error which I got in developer mode from chrome browser.
21645.png
Error appears as below

!function(){"use strict";var o={},i=void 0;function e(){i&&1===i.readyState&&i.send("PING")}function n(){if(!i){var e=new WebSocket("ws://127.0.0.1:31924/");e.onerror=function(){e.close()},e.onopen=function(){(i=e).onclose=function(){i=null},i.onerror=function(){i.close()}},e.onmessage=function(e){var n=JSON.parse(e.data),a=n.PageId;if(a){var t=o[a];t&&t.postMessage({message:n.Data})}}}}setInterval(n,2e3),n(),setInterval(e,1e4),e(),chrome.runtime.onConnect.addListener(function(t){var s=t.name;t.onMessage.addListener(function(e){if(i&&1===i.readyState)if("makeConnection"===e.name){o[s]=t;var n={PageId:s,Data:"Page connected"};i.send(JSON.stringify(n))}else if("sendMessage"===e.name){var a={PageId:s,Data:e.message};i.send(JSON.stringify(a))}}),t.onDisconnect.addListener(function(e){var n=e.name;delete o[n];var a={PageId:n,Data:"Page disconnected"};i.send(JSON.stringify(a))})})}();

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Trying to understand the troubleshooting so far. I mentioned all the install does is drop a reg key. Open regedit navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_
MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallForcelist and see the results. So get the extension working (reinstall) and refresh regedit. you should now have an idea of what reg key the install adds.

Then run gpupdate /force and see if it gets removed. (refresh reg edit). If it does you know group policy is the problem. view the policy's by running "gpresult /h c:\report.html"

You can work with you desktop or network admin on that. Maybe suggest not deploying any Chrome Extensions via "force-installed apps and extensions" if thats whats occuring. As it uninstalls any extensions not listed. 

User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Google\ Google Chrome \ Extensions. Go to the setting Configure the list of force-installed apps and extensions and enable it.

https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.5%20Data%20Sheet%20-%20Native%20Chrome%20and%20Firefox%20Integration.pdf

Philip Trovato

PeterLacken
Level 7
Hi,

This will almost certainly be a "group policy" that does not allow unknown extensions and automatically deletes it.  You have to ask the IT security team to "whitelist" the chrome extension in order for it to persist in the browser.

Peter.

PeterLacken
Ren Røros Intelligent Automation
Peter.Lacken@rria.no
http://www.rria.no

Hi @PeterLacken

Where can I find the steps to whitelist the extension? Note very sure of what instruction do I need to provide to IT support team in order to whitelist the extenison?
21656.png
Regards,
Sidd​

Siddheshwar Kore