cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome Issue in BP V7.0.1

HimanshuSharma
Level 3

We have been facing issues while spying using the Browser Mode in chrome. Even though I see Browser Mode as an option when I configure App Modeler in “Browser-based Application (Chrome)” setting but none of the element gets highlighted.

Blue Prism also gets hanged in the “Attach” stage when I change the App Modeler to “Browser-based Application (Chrome)”  from “Windows Application” or “Browser-based Application (Internet Explorer)” setting, and I get the below error even though the Blue Prism Extension has been Installed in chrome.

Error we get while attaching is :
< internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach' - The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide. >

Only having this issue when App Modeler is Configured in “Browser-based Application (Chrome)” mode.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Himanshu,

Try checking the below options once if they are able to resolve your issue or not:

- You can try checking if you are using the latest version of Browser extension or not.

- You can try once by checking out the 'Use Fixed Browser Extension Port' setting as it will make your port fixed rather than being dynamically set out or as we call ephemeral in nature. In order to select this setting, go to Systems menu and under the System -> Settings menu, you will find this at the very end as shown in the screenshot below:

36940.png
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

HimanshuSharma
Level 3
Hi Dev,
We do not have the Port option in Version 7.0.1, it is only limited to V6.*
Also, I have the latest version of chrome installed on my machine.

tok
Level 3
Hi
We had a similar issue after upgrading from 6.10 ro 7.0.1. For us the issue was related to tracking id.
In 6.10 the "Is Connected" options didn't have at tracking id. I does now a was set to "True" after the upgrade. Deleting the True value from "Tracking ID" Solved the issue.

36941.png

Cheers

tok
Level 3
I forgot to mention the "is connected" always returned false when the "Tracking Id" is set to "True". 
Which then results in the erroneous attach

36942.png

HimanshuSharma
Level 3
Hi Krogh,

I don't see the Tracking ID option on my Is Connected ? Read Stage.