cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click action didn't work on file element in Chrome

VincentHsu
Level 2
I'm working on automation a web application which can only run on Chrome.  It works well except the file html element,  I can identify the file element and highlight it.  But when I try to click it, it doesn't work. I have tried double click,  still failed. There is also no Global Mouse Click Event which I can used as an alternative solution. Does anyone can give me some advice?   Thanks in advanced.  
4 REPLIES 4

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Maybe you are clicking wrong element. 

PartnersRMR
Level 2
Hello everyone, i'm having the same problem than Vincent Hsu.
Does anyone can give me some advice?   Thanks in advanced.  

------------------------------
Partners RMR
Partner
RMR Technology Solutions

VivekGoel
Level 10
Do you get an error Like "Unable to find the element" or something else.

If you are getting "Unable to find the element", Try sending a focus (with highlight on) on it, give some 2 secs delay and then try to click it.

If this approach works, then all you need to do is, use a dynamic wait stage to wait for the element to appear, and then focus and then click.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
+6594554364
https://www.rpatools.com/

Hi,

If You have opposite case to what Vivek mentioned - element is there but click is just doing nothing. I had similar cases and sometimes You need to spy different element (which will be still this button). Often there are multiple elements on web and only one of them is going to work with click.

Other solution is to use UI automation or collect coordinates and then use global mouse click.

Best regards,
Michal

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw