cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config user/pass for proxy access in runtime machine calling SOAP WS

AntonioMelo
Level 3
Hi all,

I'm creating a process that consumes a public SOAP web service, but I don't have direct access to the internet, I have to use a proxy that requires authentication.

The error is:
terminated. Process Name: Call_SOAP_WS; Reason: Internal : Unexpected error Error in web service - The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Unfortunately I don't know how to configure this authentication on the runtime machine.

An alternative would be to install a local proxy service that would redirect to the real proxy and allow you to configure the user/pass, but I don't know any functional one.

Can someone help?

Thanks

------------------------------
Antonio Melo
7 REPLIES 7

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@AntonioMelo,

Have you tried configuring the proxy credentials via the system-wide proxy settings under Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings?​

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric,

That I know in Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings, there is no way to configure user / password.

Thanks anyway,
Antonio Melo

Antonio Melo

@AntonioMelo,

The answer to the following thread may help you out.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-credentials-to-windows-proxy-settings/d6fdab82-6163-4aad-8133-43f7706ceb9c#:~:text=In%20Windows%2010%20menu%2C%20go,user%20name%20and%20the...

Cheers,​

Eric Wilson

If the above doesn't work for you then you'll need to switch from using the embedded SOAP WSDL feature to building the interaction with the SOAP service directly using the Utility - HTTP VBO as you can enter proxy credentials with that.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

@ewilson

​Seemed to be the perfect solution, but it doesn't work... the runtime doesn't use the credentials defined in the windows cred. manager. 😞

Thanks,
Antonio Melo

Antonio Melo

Hi,

Using  Utility - HTTP VBO was my first try but calling SOAP WS with normal http protocol does not work, only for REST WS.

This is not easy...

Antonio Melo

@AntonioMelo,

You can call a SOAP web service using the Utility - HTTP VBO. A call to a SOAP web service is nothing more than an HTTP POST with the SOAP envelope as the body content.

Take a look at this article from the folks at Postman:

https://learning.postman.com/docs/sending-requests/supported-api-frameworks/making-soap-requests/

Cheers,​

Eric Wilson