cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Blueprism with Azure DB as service

NabinTimalsina
Level 4
Hello, 

Till now I have only seen making use of SQL server installed on a VM (Server ) and we use windows authentication to connect to it, while configuring Blue Prism but I would like to use Azure SQL DB as a service where no windows authentication would be possible. I searched but couldn't find proper documentation on this.  Can anyone suggest if there is any extra step to perform? or any helpful documentation?

Thanks in advance,
Nabin

------------------------------
Nabin Timalsina
Infrastructure Engineer
5 REPLIES 5

GopalBhaire
Level 10

Hi Nabin,

You can refer page 53 of v6.9 User Guide - Installing Enterprise Edition (blueprism.com)

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Great found it thanks much, also now I encounter new error, while making connection to DB I get error message saying "This doesn't appear to be valid Blue Prism database" . I have Standard DB of 10 DTUs. is there a documentation on Azure DB specification as well? 
18669.png
Thank you, 
Nabin

Nabin Timalsina
Infrastructure Engineer

Hi,

I think it is because the database you are connecting to is not a Blue Prism database. You can click on Create DB button on BP connection config screen and select drop any existing DB to replace the connected DB as Blue Prism database or give a new name in connection string and create a new Blue Prism DB altogether. 

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hello Gopal, 

Yes, I tried but as it's Azure DB as Service, it is not allowing me to drop the DB even the user has db_owner role. I tried just to create a DB but it also gave me this error: 
18671.png
Is any extra permission required for this? I also gave db_reader and db_writer role as well. 

Thank you,
Nabin

Nabin Timalsina
Infrastructure Engineer

Hi,

I am not sure about why you are getting the error (I had dbmanager role when I tried).

But you can use Generate Script feature in Blue Prism and generate the script which you can then run in Azure Data Studio or in Query Editor.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture