cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming external REST web services

RaghavSapra1
Level 3
Hi,   I need to consume external REST web services within my BP process. I have seen certain inbuilt VBOs available within BP like Webservices €“ Rest, Webservices €“ OAuth, Utility-JSON and Utility-HTTP ,but need some clarity how to utilize the same. Can anyone help me step wise process for consuming REST web services within the process? Thanks, Raghav
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I attach a working Rest Web Service example for you to look at.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This forum does not seem to allow me to attach .bprelease or .zip files - the attachment is therefore .txt instead of .bprelease.  You will need to rename it to have .bprelease as the extension so that you can import it into your environment.

RaghavSapra1
Level 3
Thanks a lot Denis for your help. I will surely go through it and comment again in case any thing is not clear...

JatinBansal
Level 2
Hi Denis,  I am trying to access the Share Point via Blue Prism API. I registered my add in on the Share Point and created an access token for the same. My API is working via Postman but when I am trying to access the Share Point via Blue Prism it throws me an error, ""The remote server returned an error 403 (forbidden)""   Can you help here, pls ?  Thanks in Advance Jatin 

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The 403 error based on in internet search suggests the web service is expecting some kind of authentication.  Does Postman run with heightend privilidges (being an api development tool)?  Maybe test calling your web service using an app like SoapUI?

JatinBansal
Level 2
Thank you Denis for your prompt reply. But unfortunately it still doesn't work. No any special privileges are given to Postman. I am still getting 403 error. Could you let me know if Java code will be supported in the code stage if I have to write the code stage myself in java. If not, then could you please advise what else resolution could be for the issue.  Regards Jatin