cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control room

EugeneIvaniv
Level 3
Hello everyone. The problem is that I have a connection to the app server, but I can't see any connected devices in the control room. Although I can see all the processes and objects located on the application server.

------------------------------
Eugene Ivaniv
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Eugene 

Do you have the listener running on the resource machines?

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Oh sure.
An application server is installed on one computer, which in turn is connected to the SQL database. Another computer has a client installed with a configured connection to this server. I can see the connection to the server, but I cannot see the PC in the control room.

24245.png24246.png

Eugene Ivaniv

Is this a physical machine or vdi? also do you have login agent installed and running?

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Yes, this is vdi. Installed and running the login agent on both VDI and PC.

Eugene Ivaniv

Thanks Eugene, so the scenario you are using to on the resource machines is the machine to be logged off and login agent running and once logged in the listener will launch to initiate processes? If your machine is logged off and the machine is not visible it could be the login agent is not running correctly and there could be a couple of machine local policies causing this issue. I've attached a copy of the login agent pdf (if you dont already have it) please check the security > local policies and make sure they comply with the settings in the doc.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

I apologize. I confused the Login Agent with Automate.exe. The Login Agent is not installed on either the VDI or the PC.
I want it to be like this.
24269.png

Maybe I should enable the Enable Data Gateways process parameter in Server Configuration Details?

Евгений Иванов
------------------ ------------

Hi

You will definitely need to install the login agent in that case. If you go to the folder your blueprism installation is stored and look in installers e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Installers

You will find the installation files for the login agent just run the one that is suitable for your machine and once done you should be able to log out of the machine and the login agent will kick in.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Please tell me on the client side (not the application server) you need to configure the server configuration details?

Eugene Ivaniv

Hi 

Im not sure what you mean by client side not application server? The login agent should be installed on your resource machine NOT on the server but when you run the login agent installer it will ask for the connection details. This will be whatever the connection is you are using in the Automate.exe file and in blueprism when you open the application. For example if you open blueprism and the connection you select when logging in is called "PROD ENVIRONMENT" then set the connection name to PROD ENVIRONMENT in the login agent. The guide I uploaded previously should give you instructions on the installation on the login agent, once you it is installed then the resource machine, when logged out, will be visible from the server/control machine. Please remember to set the Automate.exe to launch on login as well you can do this using task scheduler, the login agent is used to allow the resource machine to log in when your process runs and the automate.exe needs to take over after log on.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London