cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Files and Folders from one folder to another Folder

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
Hi Guys,

1. I am able to copy single file using File Management. Can anyone suggest how to copy multiple files using VBO or Code stage.
2. I don't find copying folders in any VBO? Can anyone help me out
3. How to upload multiple files and folders in SharePoint? Is there any VBO or Code that can solve my issue.

Thanks in advance
Vinod

------------------------------
Vinod Kumar
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Vinod,

Do you want to only copy the folders, the files within the folders, or both?

Some suggestions:
-Your personal OneDrive should be accessible as a SharePoint subsite, so I would still look into using the asset I referenced in the last post. It has an Upload File action which would also serve your purpose.
-Select "Always keep on this device" to always keep a local copy of a OneDrive file.
-Still just using the File Management Utility, use Get Folders to get the folder data into a collection. Loop through the folders collection, and use Create Directory to make folder paths in the new location. Use Get Files to return the metadata for the files in the current folder as a collection, and loop through this collection using Copy File to copy the files to the destination.

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Vinod,

1) You can use Get Files action in the File Management utility VBO to copy multiple files (it is a different action than Copy File). The input to focus on is Patterns, the comma-separated list of file patterns identifying the type(s) of files sought.

Two common patterns are "*.*" for all files in the specified folder or "*.xlsx, *.csv" to return all files in the folder that match those extensions.

2) The File Management utility VBO has a Get Folders action.

3) Start with the assets available on the Digital Exchange:
https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/search?keyword=sharepoint

Patrick Aucoin
Blue Prism

Hi,

I am getting all required Files and Folders, that's not a problem. My concern is not able to copy Folders from one location to another with in same machine.

Using Get Files or Get Folders, we extract all files and folders, but for copying we need some other action or code.

In details, I have synchronised OneDrive to my Machine and I need to copy Files and Folders from my machine to OneDrive.
The assets which you shared are for sharePoint. Is there any asset for Onedrive or Copying files and folders within same machine.?

Thanks,

Vinod Kumar

Hi Vinod,

Do you want to only copy the folders, the files within the folders, or both?

Some suggestions:
-Your personal OneDrive should be accessible as a SharePoint subsite, so I would still look into using the asset I referenced in the last post. It has an Upload File action which would also serve your purpose.
-Select "Always keep on this device" to always keep a local copy of a OneDrive file.
-Still just using the File Management Utility, use Get Folders to get the folder data into a collection. Loop through the folders collection, and use Create Directory to make folder paths in the new location. Use Get Files to return the metadata for the files in the current folder as a collection, and loop through this collection using Copy File to copy the files to the destination.

Patrick Aucoin
Blue Prism