cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 2 processes concurrently on a single resource pc

RaghavGupta
Level 4
I have a Blue Prism license which says that 10 session can be run concurrently.
Right now I am not able to run 2 process at the same time in resourcepc as it says resource is too busy for the other process.
How can I run 2 processes concurrently on a single resource pc? Is there a way of making the process run mode as background in BP 6.6?

------------------------------
Raghav Gupta
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

david.l.morris
Level 14
As John mentioned, you'll want to look into the run modes. Unfortunately, the default Run Mode is Exclusive for any new object created. It would be nice if this were actually a required input when creating an object so that it's done purposefully, but that's just not how it is. Any time you create objects, you need to go in and choose Background, Foreground, or leave it as Exclusive.

To be able to run 2 processes at the same time on the same resourcepc, you need to change the run mode of all the objects it references to Background. Technically, one of the processes can have foreground objects, but the other process has to have only background objects. And none of the referenced objects can be exclusive for this to work.

This also likely means you'd need to edit all the VBOs that Blue Prism provides (depending on which ones you're using) and change their run modes to Background. Whoever created the VBOs that are in the VBO folder missed several of them that should be set to Background, and instead they're set to Exclusive.​

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Look up runmode in the BP help file for an explanation.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

david.l.morris
Level 14
As John mentioned, you'll want to look into the run modes. Unfortunately, the default Run Mode is Exclusive for any new object created. It would be nice if this were actually a required input when creating an object so that it's done purposefully, but that's just not how it is. Any time you create objects, you need to go in and choose Background, Foreground, or leave it as Exclusive.

To be able to run 2 processes at the same time on the same resourcepc, you need to change the run mode of all the objects it references to Background. Technically, one of the processes can have foreground objects, but the other process has to have only background objects. And none of the referenced objects can be exclusive for this to work.

This also likely means you'd need to edit all the VBOs that Blue Prism provides (depending on which ones you're using) and change their run modes to Background. Whoever created the VBOs that are in the VBO folder missed several of them that should be set to Background, and instead they're set to Exclusive.​

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks John and Dave. I got it. I was able to run concurrent processes after changing the run modes.

Raghav Gupta

I am having the same issue.  We setup a new BP server that we are using for UAT.  We are automating a business process that is configured to use 2 blue prism processes.  Because this is a brand new BP server, I only installed the business objects needed by these 2 new processes.  Using the Dependencies function within the process, I've identified all of the objects used by the processes and verified the background mode on all the objects are set to Background.  When I try and drag the 2nd process onto a resource that is already running the 1st process, I get the resource is too busy to run that process.  Any thoughts?

I actually got it working.  Turns out there was an object that called another object and that object was set to Exclusive.  It would be nice if there was an easy way to see an object's run mode without having to open the object.

Deborah Yarosh
Application Developer II
Farmers Insurance
America/New_York