cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of BP Internal Objects

DarrenIsaacs
Level 2
Is there any way of creating a duplicate of the Blue Prism Internal Business Object, or least a way to open it to see how it works? I'd like to create a duplicate object in order to add additional Output Parameters.

------------------------------
Darren Isaacs
Process Controller - RPA Developer in Training
Open Box Software
Africa/Johannesburg
6 REPLIES 6

AMITJAGTAP1
Level 3
Yes.

You can copy/ edit  internal BP VBOs but make sure that you will keep original VBOs as it is else you will be in trouble with existing VBOs.

Onece you want to VBO object Just do F11 on the action stage . Do it till you reach code stage and thats it you are done.

AMIT JAGTAP
Tech Lead
TechMahindra
Indian/Christmas

Hi Amit,

I've tried this on on 2 Internal BP objects and nothing happens. Essentially I'd like to create a copy of the Credentials internal BP object. One of my colleagues stated that this looks like it could be used as a Stored Procedure instead of calling from the SQL DB. If this is the case, is there a way to see this Store procedure, or where I can find it?

Thanks

Darren Isaacs
Process Controller
Open Box Software
Africa/Johannesburg

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You can't edit the internal objects, this is intentional, they are part of the software.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi ok but the Collection object but how do I can modify the execution mode?

Marzia Giordano
analist junior
avanade
Europe/Rome

Hi Marzia,

Short answer:
  • You can't and you don't do any changes to BP's native objects

Complete answer:
  • Create a new object with an unique name
  • Create a new page within the new object with a descriptive title
  • Create a Code stage on the page, including parameters
  • Open the BP code stage you want to copy
  • Copy the code
  • Close the BP object
  • Paste the copied code into you own new code stage
  • Check functionality and errors
  • Save
  • Ready!
Alternatively, you open the BP object and save it with 'Save As', then proceed with opening the new object and start editing it. I do not like this alternative option as it copies the complete object inclusive all pages while I assume you only want to adjust one single page.

Whatever you do, make sure to keep your object in a separate group (folder) and name it to reflect clearly whatever it does.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi Marzia,

If you are talking about the 'Internal - Collections' VBO, then you won't be able to edit the code or even get to see it as it is a part of the Blue Prism software itself. Like this there are other internal VBO's as well which are not there for public display such as Work Queues, Credentials, Calendars etc.

But what seems more confusing is that as per my knowledge the run modes of all these  internal VBO's are in 'Background' by default as I have used API's in background mode with the Internal - Collection VBO while other processes were running in Foreground mode so there is actually no need to change the run mode as per your use case.

If you are referring to 'Utility - Collection Manipulation' VBO, then you can create a replicant business object for it and then change the run mode manually in the 'Initialise' page of your new business object.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com