cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could several robots run on one Windows Server 2012 instance?

KostiantynRyzh1
Level 3
Hello everyone! Would be appreciate if someone could clarified is it possible to run several robots on one Windows Server machine? For example, we have Robot 1, Robot 2, Robot 3. Each robot need to log on in separate session, do some task, interact with application (using actions global mouse click, send hot keys etc.). The schedule of job of robots could be different. They could log in system at the same time or in different time as well. Does Login Agent approach cover this requirements? Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Yes Blue Prism processes can run in parallel. However, it depends on whether you applications can too. For example, re multiple sessions of the same application allowed, or if 2 processes use different applications, with they interfere with each other? In most situations it's only practical to run 1 session at a time, but if the application allow it (like many mainframes do) then it will work. If however I've misunderstood and you at asking about multiple Windows sessions, then the answer is no, it's not recommended. BP is intended for a desktop OS, and although some clients have tried multi-session, we know it does not scale up - BP was not designed to work like that.

KostiantynRyzh1
Level 3
Thank you, John. Yes, mostly my question was about multiple Windows session on one Windows Server. Let's model that Robot 1, Robot 2, Robot 3 do different task, involved in different business process and interact with different apps. Could they work fine together (each in it's own session, simultaneously or different time) on one machine with Windows Server? Or it should be three different instance (three machine with its own Windows OS)?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Konstantin - our recommendation is 1:1, BP has always been designed for that model. I believe it is possible to run small a number of multi user sessions in parallel, but it does not scale up. Some users have tried this (against our advice) and have found that it does not work well. If the sessions ran in series rather than in parallel, then I think it would be fine.

KostiantynRyzh1
Level 3
John, thank you! It's clear enough.