cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Pivot in existing excel

SAINNATHSURAY
Level 3
Hi Everyone,

I have a process where I need to open excel , the pivot is already created , only we need to change the reference range and refresh the sheet , how can we trigger this from blue prism 

if we create Macro recording and run the Macro from blueprism does this work ? but the excel files are dynamic 

------------------------------
SAINNATH SURAY
Business process Lead
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Asia/Kolkata
5 REPLIES 5

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi S,

While I do not have an answer to your question, I would suggest to create new threads like this one, opposite to reopening older threads with similar content.

Thanks in advance.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Sure  Paul

SAINNATH SURAY
Business process Lead
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Asia/Kolkata

@SAINNATHSURAY,

Have you looked at the latest version of the MS Excel VBO - Extended? It includes pivot table actions including an action named Amend Pivot Table Data Source.​ I believe this may be what you're looking for as it allows you to change the Range.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric ,

Surely  will check that , can you help me on below point also

the excel files are dynamic to refresh pivot , if we create Macro recording and run the Macro from blueprism does this work. if yes  how to run the macro dynamically .

Thanks,
Sainath.

SAINNATH SURAY
Business process Lead
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Asia/Kolkata

@SAINNATHSURAY,

There are two different actions available on the latest Excel VBO that can be used for running macros within an Excel: Run Macro and Run Macro with Parallel Thread.​ The first is used for simply executing a macro that resides within the Workbook. The second can be used to execute a macro that includes a pop-up prompt of the user. In the past this situation would cause Blue Prism to be stuck waiting for someone to dismiss the dialog. With this action, the dialog will be dismissed programmatically allowing Blue Prism to continue onward.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange