cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of schedules from the command line

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am exploring the way of writing some batch scripts for scheduling and would want to know whether it is possible to create schedules from the AutomateC.exe command line. Currently, I see that I can start and delete schedules from the command line but is it possible to create them through the command line.
3 REPLIES 3

david.l.morris
Level 14
I don't know of an AutomateC command for creating a schedule. A work around is to use the BP UI to create a schedule and then export the schedule as a release. Then you can use that release file's xml as a template that you can give as an input to your script and update the specific fields you need in order to change the time frame and such. Then use the AutomateC command /importrelease on the release xml that you have updated.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, thank you! But I have problem. I am not able to see session parameters in the XML file.

david.l.morris
Level 14
Now that I think about it more, exported Schedules don't include details such as which resource a process will be run on, so it won't be possible for the startup arguments/parameters to be exported either. It may still save some time to be able to import schedules, but you'd still need to manually match processes to resourcepc's. I assume the reason those details aren't included is the same reason that Blue Prism permissions can't just be exported from one environment to another. Users, Resources, etc. are configured separately. If you find a way to handle this (maybe through the Blue Prism DB?), let us know because I'd be interested.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA