cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB repository, object history

Walter.Koller
Level 11
I have been asked if it is possible to recover deleted VBO / processes in Blue Prism.
I know it is possible to revert to previous versions inside of Blue Prism but I could not find anything related to object deletion. 
I might have missed something. Is there an option to recover deleted VBO and processes?

When browsing through DB tables I could find BPAProcesses that stores the most recent version of VBO/processes. 
But where can I find the history of the processes? BPAProcessBackup table is empty although we have of course changes in our objects and the related change history available in Studio.

thanks

------------------------------
Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna
5 REPLIES 5

IshanMahajan
Level 7
I don't think Blueprism maintains any Logically deleted flag, so once  you delete it, i think that is gone.

Ishan Mahajan
India

Correct Ishan, when it's gone, it's gone.

Walter - check the BPAAuditEvents table, you may find a history of XML changes in there. However you'll need to use SQL to write it to file and then import the file into BP - you can't recover the XML from the BP UI.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

VivekGoel
Level 10
Apart from what Ishan and John mentioned.

If it's a production instance and there is no copy of the object/process in dev/UAT.

You may consider:

1- Redeploying the bprelease package.
2-Restoring the object from DB backup

Points to remember: Please use this only incase of emergencies.

Vivek Goel
CoE Lead Architect
Asia/Singapore
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

Many thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for but could not find the table with the history, not considering it is part of the audit trail and not stored as historized process.

I have queried BPAAuditEvents for the last modification entry of this process. The related entries were found with:
select max(eventid) from BPAAuditEvents where sNarrative like '%myObjectName%' and sCode = 'B004'
Note: 
  • The query returns ID of the last modification of the object.
SSMS query limits results to max 8k characters. The XML extraction has to be done with other methods. I used SSMS UI, data export wizard with following query:
select newXML from BPAAuditEvents where eventid = 12345
Note:
  • 12345 has to be replaced by the actual eventid that was result of the first query
  • when exporting some options have to be taken into account like no row headers and unicode
My next step was to rename the export file to MyObjectName.xml and to import into Blue Prism without any other modification. 🙂

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna

As John mentioned, the process is deleted (in BPAProcesses) but it is still available in BPAAuditEvents and can be recovered.

We have security measures in place for our production environment to prevent such situations. It was in our development environment where one of our developer deleted his work.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna