cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data - SQL Server VBO

MattDavis
Level 5
Hello,   I'm trying to use the SQL Server VBO to connect to a SQL server via the Set Connection page/action. And I'm running into an issue where the input parameter for the Set Connection action requires a text input for a password and the password I'm trying to pass is retrieved from Credential manager and stored in a password data item. The VBO won't simply let me modify it and change the input parameter & data type from a text field to a password field. Any suggestions on this?   Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I'm not sure why that is text, but you should be able to case a password to text using a calculation stage (unsure all logging is turned off where you do that).

MattDavis
Level 5
Thanks Dennis! We were able to do that and it didn't work. So we actually had to change the connection string to connect similar to how a CE device connects. Which made us edit the connection string in the Set Connection Page of the Data-SQL Server VBO (under the No Username Path) to: ""Data Source=""&[Server]& "";Initial Catalog="" & [Database] & "";Integrated Security=SSPI; User ID=[User];Password=""&[Password]&"";""   We made this a custom object because we need to pass the user data item as a parameter and we had to force the set connection path to connect through the no path despite having a user name passed.   I'm not too clear on how our infrastructure is set up, but we found this solution because one of the many attempts we had, gave us an error: ""The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication"" so we figured we'd try a trusted connection setting where we are able to pass the domain as a parameter in the username data item.