cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is getting Misinterpreted using Read Text with OCR

kavyashrie1
Level 2

Hello All,

While using 'Read text with OCR' in Surface Automation, the data is getting misinterpreted. We have tried all the scaling options from 1 to 14 and all the options available in the Read text with OCR but nothing is giving 100% accuracy. 

Every time, we will be receiving the data dynamically when we read from windows based application.

For example,

When we are reading the data from windows application, we are getting the result data as JSSN in the place of SSN , O or o in the place of 0, L in the place of 1, ? in the place of 2, getting the spaces in between the text and some times we are getting the empty values as well. 

Please refer the attached screenshots for result data using Read Text with OCR Action.

14614.png 

14615.png

------------------------------
kavya shrie

4 REPLIES 4

HI Kavya Shrie,

Not sure it is only for me but I'm unable to see the screenshots.

Is there a reason for why you opted Read text with OCR ?

Did you tried Recognize text? 

check the Surface automation guide 

14558.png

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

Hi

Thanks for the response.

We are trying to extract the data from Windows based(Smartdesk) application, through normal spy modes, we are unable to extract the conventional mode. So we are trying with the surface automation. These are the details we are trying to extract from the smartdesk application:
14565.jpg
In the surface automation, we have spied the elements and recognized the font as "Tahoma 10" and through read action with the Recognize Text Property, we are getting the below results :
14567.jpg
Next, we have tried with Read text with OCR(Tried with different scale ratios as well) and we are getting the results as below with some special characters and with mismatches:
14569.jpg
Please help to give suggestions to better the results. Thanks in advance.

kavya shrie

Just one question related to application as you said you are having issue with spying 

Hope you have tried for all types of spy modes

Is it possible to do Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C to extract the total data to clipboard?

If it has the key words then we can try to extract the data with regex pattern

Regards

Lakshmi Narayana

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have tried with all the spy modes but we are unable to spy the element with any spy mode.

Ctrl+A and ctrl+c are not working for that application.

Regards

kavya shrie