cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decipher Server Service randomly stops working.

Hi,
Decipher Server Service randomly stops working. So i have to restart it manually again. Approximate frequency is like every 1 2 hour interval it stops. Is there any fix for this?

------------------------------
Tejaskumar Darji
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

If you are running Chrome and other applications that periodically use up a lot of memory, it may be because of lack of memory issues. I suggest you contact support with logs from the system.

Kam Star
Product Manager
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

KamStar
Staff
Staff
Hi Tejaskumar,

Please check the machine's resources, particularly the RAM. Depending on your setup, you may need at least 16 GB of RAM. 

Kam Star
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Thanks for response,

Windows event logs shows as below exception,

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Adding Screenshot for more info.

Tejaskumar Darji

Can you please confirm what the resources for the machine are. How much memory does it have. Do you have all the components on one machine? What else is it running?

Kam Star
Product Manager
Blue Prism

I have 16gb RAM machine and normal apps are running in background nothing much heavy. Task Manager memory section shows 70% to 80% utilization.

Tejaskumar Darji

If you are running Chrome and other applications that periodically use up a lot of memory, it may be because of lack of memory issues. I suggest you contact support with logs from the system.

Kam Star
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Alright, thanks for the support. I will reach out to them.

Tejaskumar Darji

Hello - would you mind sharing what your resolution was?  I'm experiencing the same issue.

Shane Achterberg

I did not got any firm resolution for this but what I did was completely uninstalled all decipher components and I reinstalled it again. After that this issue was resolved.

Thanks

Tejaskumar Darji

HI guys,

I had same issue. Actually i didn't notice what is the cause. But I suspect it being an internal error in the decipher. anyway what I did to solve was have retry logic on the Windows Service incase of failure. It have solved my issue and I have not noticed the issue again
Below picture show the wrong services, but I just changed the at first failure to retry for the Decipher service which failed

9593.png

Simon Andre Pedersen
Manager
PWC HK
Asia/Hong_Kong