cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrease Running Speed

Saransh_Shetty
Level 3
i have created a object In the object studio which when run ,runs at normal speed but when I tried to call it from the process studio it runs at extremely fast speed is there any way to slow it down without using wait stages between every stage?
2 REPLIES 2

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Hi Saranshshetty93, No there isn't. If you are stepping through your process in process studio, you could step into the object before pressing run. If you step over the action that calls the object, then yes it will run at near full speed. Why would you want to slow the speed of the automation? If it is because it doesn't work at full speed, then you would need to consider re-designing your object to cater for system latency etc. If you just want to slow it down for presentation purposes, then I would step into the object from the process studio and play from there. - Tom

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Saranshshetty93 - 'normal' speed is Control Room speed, Object Studio and Process Studio is BP running in slow motion. Tom is quite right in that you must design your objects so that BP keeps pace with the applications you are automating. This is what the wait stage is for - you don't necessarily need a wait after every stage, but if you are affecting the application in some way (like navigating to another screen or closing a window) then you should wait for the effect to take place. Where possible use a wait condition; fixed pauses are inefficient because you will wait for the maximum timeout every time. Remember also you can use sub-pages within an object for repetitive pieces of logic.