cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel: Copy value from mainframe and spread them among several cells

samuel_a_thomas
Level 3
Dear all, Based on my mainframe list I have a « text » data. When I paste this data, it is spread in only one cell. I want to dispatch the mainframe data list in several cells and not only one. So I paste the mainframe data in one Excel cell (1) and then use the action €œget worksheet range as a collection€ to create a collection (2). With this collection now, when a write the collection I can finally have my data dispatch among several cells. But now I face a new issue. Quotation marks has been put at the beginning and end of my data (3). Please check screenshot attached Could you please help me: Either to find a way to past directly the "text data" in several cells" Or: "find a way to remove the quotation marks from the collection. I was not able to use the expression "replace" As error I get : Failed to evaluate expression 'Replace([Data]; """"; "")' Replace function requires 3 arguments of types: (text,text,text) Thanks a lot for your help, it's quiet critical, I spend too much hours on this without find anything . Kind Regards
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Samuel - I think you'll find it easier to read from the mainframe into a collection, then write that collection into Excel. The syntax of your Replace expression looks like it needs correction - use commas not semi-colons, ie Replace([Data], """""""", """"). You could remove the quotes after you read from the app and before you add the data to the collection, or loop through the collection before going to Excel and apply the Replace function to all the values.